Latest posts from the member blogs of the Free Capitalist Network. See the Blog Directory
- This week the United States economy reported an additional 4+ million people filing for unemployment. The cost of COVID19 lockdowns and their destabilizing effect in business is an economic wave unlike anything in our lifetimes. This extraordinary investment environment has also provided tremendous qualitative indication and information about the market’s current assessment of Bitcoin and ...more
Here is how I built a high-performance WordPress website in AWS Lightsail for aier.org. While low-traffic blogs can be hosted on a shared hosting service or a cheap VPC, if your site hosts millions of visitors each month, you will need a more ambitious service-oriented architecture.
The key to high-performance WordPress is a service-oriented architecture that splits ...more
- According to a recent survey by Zogby Interactive, the Internet is by far the most popular source of information and the preferred choice for news ahead of television, newspapers, and radio. The majority of Americans now prefer the Internet as their primary and most reliable source of news. Specifically, online publications are preferred over social ...more
- I've seen people lose their Bitcoin in every way imaginable, and I want to help you avoid the most common mistakes. Are you thinking long-term? Will your storage medium last 10 years? Will your family be able to access it in the event of your death? Have you considered that the same events that will ...more
- Why are some people successful -- financially, socially, and romantically, while others stagnate and never amount to anything?
The Abundance Mindset
Successful people share many traits, but I think one key attribute is the abundance mindset.
The abundance mindset sees the universe as full of opportunity -- for friendship, love, and financial success. By contrast, the scarcity mindset ...more
The idea that attention span is shortening, particularly among younger generations is a myth, and the claims are not backed by any evidence. The idea of an "average attention span" is a myth, as there is no such thing. Attention span is very much context-dependent.
Even within particular contexts, such as driving or listening to a lecture, ...more
- There are valid reasons to criticize Bitcoin, but price volatility is not one of them.
Why does the price of Bitcoin change so much from day to day? The answer is simple: the value of Bitcoin derives almost entirely from speculation on future adoption of Bitcoin rather than practical use. Bitcoin speculators are betting on the likelihood that ...more
- Forbes Magazine featured Vellum Managing Partner Eric Kovalak in "Here's What Investors Need To Know About Cryptocurrency":
Crypto Valuation = Philosophy + Technology?
Eric Kovalak, a managing partner for Vellum Capital, a hedge fund management firm specializing in crypto assets, says, “People are trying to translate the value of cryptocurrencies into a traditional model where they’d use ...more
- What is the real market value of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin?
The numbers used to explain the performance of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are less meaningful than most assume.
Cryptocurrencies are not exactly like stocks, and cryptocurrency exchanges do not work like traditional securities markets. As a result, many crypto-asset investment strategies based on conventional definitions of market ...more
- Ohio on Monday became the first state to accept bitcoin as a tax payment option for businesses, and United Press International went to Vellum partner David Veksler for the definitive take on the story:
"Part of the reason cryptocurrency is so volatile is that nobody knows what will happen to it in the future," said David ...more