Latest posts from the member blogs of the Free Capitalist Network. See the Blog Directory
Japanese lawyers, frofessors of law and retired judges are extremewly critical of the Japanese criminal (in)justice system, and are using the spotlight provided by the arrest, detention and prosecution of Carlos Ghosn to bring pressure for change.
This is a re-blog of a post at Human Rights Watch. The Japanese version is here.
April 10, 2019 12:34AM ...more
- Note: The below is an English version of a Petition for Dismissal of Prosecution that was filed by Hiroshi Kawatsu, a member of Carlos Ghosn's legal team, with the Tokyo District Court on October 17, 2019.
It was posted in the "NBR's_Japan_Forum" email forum. I have edited the formatting to improve readability. At this point, ...more
- Bob Murphy's got a new climate change post, originally written for the Institute of Energy Research, now gracing the pages of The Mises Institute.
I made a few remarks, but my links seem to have triggered a spam filter, so I'm re-posting them here.
what they actually found was that of the sampled papers on climate change, ...more
I have been bugged by friends to share some thoughts on the recent discussion (January 2015) between Tom Woods and Stephan Kinsella on the "libertarian-ness" of corporations, which was held on the Thomas Woods Show, and which they have respectively posted, with supporting references:
I've had countless discussions with Stephan on this topic, chiefly when the ...more
Fixing the Rules of the Game to require MORE "SKIN IN THE GAME".
I'm not suggesting "removing limited liability," because this would both be changing the rules of the game for existing shareholders and of course be vehemently opposed by existing firms. Rather, we need for states to start deregulating for small businesses whose owners/shareholders do ...more
- Senate hearing on gun control
The 2nd Amendment has been a big topic of discussion, recently -so much so that you're probably sick of hearing about it, at this point. But, this is an important subject to follow because there's a lot at stake(sample for this is gambling, it's a 50-50 decision that leads to ...more
- Introduction / Overview
When you mention fascism, many people immediately think of Nazi Germany. Very few… dare I say, “Americans”… are aware of the fact that fascism was somewhat popular in the United States around the same time as the rise of the National-Socialist Party in Germany. This is an important issue to understand, because the ...more
- This is diagram of a basic .22 caliber revolver. It has less than 20 parts, and all of them are fairly simple to make in your garage with the right equipment if you really wanted to take the time to figure it out. A standard AK-47 barely has twice that many parts, minus the screws ...more
- Many anarchists have a deep-seeded hatred for religion, and Christianity in particular. This is understandable due to the corruption of religious authority, the church's connections with and coercion of the state, and and countless acts of seemingly senseless violence in the name of God throughout history. Some of this rejection comes directly from a distaste for authority, and ...more
- When you mention fascism, many people immediately think of Nazi Germany. Very few… dare I say, “Americans”… are aware of the fact that fascism was somewhat popular in the United States around the same time as the rise of the National-Socialist Party in Germany. This is an important issue to understand, because the general consensus ...more