Latest posts from the member blogs of the Free Capitalist Network. See the Blog Directory
- The Brain Bar is central Europe's leading festival of ideas and technology. This year, the event featured Jeffrey Tucker as the opening keynote to speak about cryptocurrent and blockchain technology and its meaning and future.
Here is a video wrap up of the event. ...more
- Tether is a highly capitalized cryptoasset that is distinguished in the space by maintaining a dollar peg to the price of its asset. The growth of this asset has been incredible, as has been the speculation that it maintains too close a relationship with the exchange Bitfinex. It has even been accused of manipulating prices ...more
- Storing Bitcoin should be simple. A Bitcoin wallet can be generated from a list of 12 or 24 pseudo-random words (the “mnemonic recovery phrase”). With some wallets, the same words will generate a valid wallet for most existing cryptocurrencies. This word list can be written on paper and placed in a safe (known as “cold storage”), ...more
- What's the future of Bitcoin? How big will it get? What innovations can we expect in the future? Economist Tuur Demeester lays out the three phases of Bitcoin ...more
- Understanding how Bitcoin ownership works requires understanding what it means to “own” a single Bitcoin address. At a practical level, Bitcoin ownership means the ability to send some amount of Bitcoin from one address to another or to cryptographically prove that one has that ability by “signing” a Bitcoin address. At a technical level, ownership ...more