Latest posts from the member blogs of the Free Capitalist Network. See the Blog Directory
My social feed is full of deeply flawed arguments about the science of COVID-19. It's in the mainstream media too, but it bothers me more when I see it coming from my libertarian friends and organizations.
I used to be likewise "triggered" by libertarian and conservative writing about global warming. Leftists would probably call me a ...more
Now that I’m 40, I feel both qualified to drop some wisdom on the world. To start, here are my 10 Principles of Personal Finance.
1: Marry someone who shares your financial philosophy:
If you don’t, you may be setting up for a life of endless conflict, not to mention the possibility of divorce, as money is ...more
This tweet raises a few questions:
Is working for the rest of one’s life a worthy goal?
Is work depressing? Should we strive for a life of work or something else?
Do “dream jobs” exist, and should we try to pursue them?
Is the idea of a “dream job” a form of “capitalistic conditioning”?
First, let’s ...more
Here is how I built a high-performance WordPress website in AWS Lightsail for aier.org. While low-traffic blogs can be hosted on a shared hosting service or a cheap VPC, if your site hosts millions of visitors each month, you will need a more ambitious service-oriented architecture.
The key to high-performance WordPress is a service-oriented architecture that splits ...more
- According to a recent survey by Zogby Interactive, the Internet is by far the most popular source of information and the preferred choice for news ahead of television, newspapers, and radio. The majority of Americans now prefer the Internet as their primary and most reliable source of news. Specifically, online publications are preferred over social ...more
- Senate hearing on gun control
The 2nd Amendment has been a big topic of discussion, recently -so much so that you're probably sick of hearing about it, at this point. But, this is an important subject to follow because there's a lot at stake(sample for this is gambling, it's a 50-50 decision that leads to ...more
- Introduction / Overview
When you mention fascism, many people immediately think of Nazi Germany. Very few… dare I say, “Americans”… are aware of the fact that fascism was somewhat popular in the United States around the same time as the rise of the National-Socialist Party in Germany. This is an important issue to understand, because the ...more
- This is diagram of a basic .22 caliber revolver. It has less than 20 parts, and all of them are fairly simple to make in your garage with the right equipment if you really wanted to take the time to figure it out. A standard AK-47 barely has twice that many parts, minus the screws ...more
- Many anarchists have a deep-seeded hatred for religion, and Christianity in particular. This is understandable due to the corruption of religious authority, the church's connections with and coercion of the state, and and countless acts of seemingly senseless violence in the name of God throughout history. Some of this rejection comes directly from a distaste for authority, and ...more
- When you mention fascism, many people immediately think of Nazi Germany. Very few… dare I say, “Americans”… are aware of the fact that fascism was somewhat popular in the United States around the same time as the rise of the National-Socialist Party in Germany. This is an important issue to understand, because the general consensus ...more